EMBRACO, in coordination with its suppliers, has developed a set of social and environmental criteria with the intent to encourage sustainable practices within the company and in its supply chain. Our purpose is to guarantee minimum social and environmental practices, exchange positive experiences and recognize the efforts of our partners.
Assessment criteria for suppliers include:
• Prohibit the use of child labor in their facilities.
• Present low working incident rates and keep updated statistics on such incidents. Causes must be investigated, recorded, reported, and countermeasures for improvement must be implemented.
• Meet local requirements or regulations regarding the environment, attested by means of documentation issued by authorities or in another appropriate manner.
• Adopt mechanisms to identify substances that are considered hazardous.
• Extend the social and environmental demands to their suppliers.
Get to know Embraco