Since 2004, EMBRACO Brazil is a participant of the Global Pact, an initiative of the United Nations (UN) initiative for businesses that are committed to aligning their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption . In 2008, Embraco Slovakia became a participant, as well.
To report its performance in terms of sustainability, EMBRACO publishes a sustainability report on a yearly basis. EMBRACO’s Sustainability Report follows the internationally recognized guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) to facilitate the understanding of the information and of the indicators presented in the report.
Get to Know the 10 Principles of theGlobal Compact
- Human Rights Principles
1. Respect and protect human rights;
2. Prevent human rights violations;
- Labor Rights Principles
3. Support freedom of association in the workplace;
4. Abolish forced work;
5. Abolish child labor;
6. Eliminate discrimination at the workplace;
- Environmental Protection Principles
7. Support a preventive approach to environmental challenges;
8. Promote environmental responsibility;
9. Encourage Technologies that do not harm the environment.
- Principles against Corruption
10. Fight corruption in all of its forms, including extortion and bribery.